Sunday 9 October 2011

Preserver Gods and Cheap Guns

My friend Billy, of whom I've now known for 2 years, I met in the beginning of Seconday School. In a way, he was a project of mine, and I his. When we met, he was of what I described as a tough nut, sport fanatic, a right flirt with the girls and a Call of Duty addict. When I say flirt with the girls, he has a weird technique of irritating girls to get their attention. I always try to tell him why don't you just be really nice to them, and he tells me I'm crazy. But we're both average with girls so it's ok. Anyway, by my reckoning I've transformed this guy into a fairly open minded guy. He's a lot sweeter to his girls (by my influence,) and he in return gave me a lot of confidence in front of everyone, and introduced me to the most popular people in the year,  in turn making me popular also. ANYWAY, Billy Facebooks me today and says he wants my help with his Religious Studies project. I say what the hell can I possibly do to help, and he said he was making a film. My mind literally sparked to his words as he told me how he wanted to feature a short comedy about two soldiers in battle being saved by the Preserver God of Vishnu. A typical Billy to chose something to do with combat, but I agreed happily.

Within the hour he came over with a bit bag of things he imagined would help on the production. i myself had put the camera on charge, checked the tapes, took my 'So You Want To Make A Film' manual and my clapperboard (homemade.) He went into the garden and he said 'So where's the script?' in the goofy way he usually does. I said 'It's been an hour since you told me about the film itself, you expect me to have written a script?' He just looked at me in a shocked manner, which made me laugh, and we got down to business. He had brought every bit of clothing he had that might resemble a soldier's uniform. I had brought out some paints, saying we could paint ourselves in camoflauge colours. My garden is known by most of my friends are very, very big. When we first moved to the Shire from London in 2000, the entire place was a mess. Everything was overgrown, the pond was completely covered with duckweed and the grass reached my sister's knees. But after a year my dad trimmed the place up and it's got a nice lawn with paves, and a sweet wooden platform looking over the moors. All in all, we weren't really short on space. After doing so, we discussed some good shots and the effects we could use on iMovie to make it look twice as good. I was wearing my badman director/wooly pompom hat to give me twice the thrill of making a film again.

Nicking £3 from my mum's purse, (all for the budget of the production, and the debt to be repaid when the film has made zillions of pounds,) we headed straight for the News Agents and brought the cheapest gun there. It actually did fire small plastic things that stuck to glass, but we didn't use them. Instead we simply brought it up to our shoulders as if we had just fired them. There were plenty of outtakes, I was surprised it wasn't all just a big gag to Billy. But I think all in all, we just wanted his R.S class to laugh at this ridiculously stupid flick that featured us. We agreed to continue the work next weekend, when we would buy some little plastic soldiers and shoot some shots of the army we're about to fight as 'ninjas of war.' I have some sick ideas for other productions hopefully Billy and some others will help me out with. He's also gunna come to Film-making club with me, so that might be pretty badass. Now my friend Joe wants to make a stop motion animation for our Science project. It feels good to be in the swing of Film again.

-Best Regards, Jojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment