Saturday 8 October 2011

Concerning Teenagers

My name, though clearly stated all over the blog, is not Jojo Vertigo. Jojo was a nickname I gained after apparently having a uncanny resemblance with the teenage character from Horton Here's a Who. Though not as quiet and emo-like as this guy, I am 14, and fairly short for my age in comparison to the rest of my year. I live in the very heart of Devonshire, England, known to be the heart of JRR Tolkens' inspiration for the Shire. It is a tranquil and fairly bohemian-cultured town crossing the River Dart, though mostly a lot of hill to my legs (very weak and lazy.) My heart lies within the lens of a film camera, and I can be sure this interest runs within my blood. My great-great grandfather, William Friese-Greene, was known as a pioneer and inventor of Kinematography. Not to bore you with the facts, but we both shared the same passion for film, and I hope it to become a great role in my career some day. 


Devon is a never-ending countryside of grassy hills and woodlands, which I frequently look at from both the negative and positive. I've always loved large cities such as New York or London, but I've always had a slight aggravation for the common public, especially if they come in large crowds. The countryside, I've always felt is a little neglected by the rest of the planet, though I can't be sure if that is just Devon. My school, King Edward VI Community College (Kevicc) is a performing arts college, though most of the boys there are only interested in their sports. I, however, suck at physical ed and everything to do with it, therefore I hate it. Those tough nuts only have Modern Warfare 2 and footy on their minds, but I tell them they can stick it up their Arsenal. My family being the more arty than physical, I never indulged in anything related to kicking a ball into a net, and I don't know if that is related to fact I'm in my room typing a blog no one will ever read. My dad is a music producer, who worked with Queen, the Sex Pistols, and many other 70's bands of his time. He is now self-employed to Heligoland. 


My parents are always bugging on at how I'm talented and need to participate in extra-curricular activities, but actually compared to most of the dumb-asses in my classes at school, I'm just average. They only compare me. The other kids call me a boffin, but I'm only making an effort. I play trumpet, a bad choice I inherited when I was 9, thinking it was oober cool. Now I am in regret for not taking up something like guitar of drums, something original. But now the folks have got me doing lessons again, (my former teacher moved and they forgot about the whole idea of it) they want me to join jazz bands, orchestras, folk groups, the whole sha-bang, aswell as a Dance GSCE they blackmailed me into (though I shan't lie, it is good fun.) But in all fairness, the only thing I'm interested in is film, and there it lies every Tuesday after school. I think I've negotiated with mum that I can mix and match with it and folk group. So this blog is dedicated to a small section of my devotion to pulling out my old camera and scouting about for interesting things all around the Shire of Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment